When we are talking about Zámocká Street, we shouldn’t forget that up to now there is a torso of the Pálffy Palace summer wing still having significant artistic, historical and architectonical values.
According to available historical sources the Pálffy Palace in the extramural settlement was built in time of Bratislava castle reconstruction, which was decided on the basis of a special act in 1635 by the Ugrian Concilium. This enables to Pavol Pálffy, a leader of the castle reconstruction, to build a large palace on the so called Schlosgrund. In order to assure a better building material supply to the building site, he opened a service road, which became later Zámocká Street. This street was then settled by Jewish settlers coming to the town from former manors of Mikuláš Pálffy. In 1870 the town based on the deed of donation became the owner of the Palace and built up here artillery casern, orphanage and social flats for poor people. After 1900 the Palace complex was gradually cleansed and on its place a college on Svoradova Street and a contemporary primary school Palisády were built. In 1985 the preserved part of the Palace – the summer wing – was placed on the register of listed buildings.
(Young Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart during his visit of Bratislava had a concert exactly in Pálffy Palace under the castle hill and not at Ventúrska Street, like a memorial plaque is incorrectly informing.)